Swirl and Spice…and everything nice! Appreciation for good food & wine with elegance and finesse. Wine is the essence that makes every meal an occasion.
- Agulhas Wine Triangle Festival 2019The Elim festival is all about showcasing their unique wines from the cool-climate area and the unique terroir of the Elim region – as well as local produce and craft from the region, near the most southerly tip of Africa. The area has become particularly well known for its cool-climate Sauvignon Blancs. Formerly known as … Read more
- Time Manner Place – Flagstone’s Ethereal Salute to South African VinificationSimply put, Flagstone’s Time Manner Place is Pinotage decadence. A result of obsessive winemaking and characterised by its ravishing fruit, this premium expression of South Africa’s signature variety glitters with 5-star Platters’ Awards. When Flagstone decided to make one of the most sublime wines in the world an exceptional single vineyard block high in the … Read more
- De Krans Moscato Perlé – a refreshing alternative to a bubblyOriginally from Italy where it is known as Moscato d’Asti (Moscato from the Asti region in northwest Italy), Moscato as a variety is not exactly new to the South African wine scene. De Krans, located in Calitzdorp in the Klein Karoo region, first produced a Moscato perlé wine back in 2012. The wine style has … Read more
- Introducing The Stunning New Dishes on Balducci’s Plant-Based MenuAnd Don’t Forget the Incredible Lunch-Time Special Offer! “At Balducci we believe that you always have to keep abreast with the latest trends. With the rise of conscious eating, awareness surrounding sustainability and rapidly growing health trends, we recently introduced a stand-alone plant-based menu at Balducci which proved to be extremely popular with both vegans … Read more
- Tesselaarsdal Chardonnay 2019 | Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge – Maiden ReleaseAfter five gloriuos vintages of Tesselaarsdal Pinot noir, Chardonnay has been added to production, an amazing fresh Chardonnay 2019 matured 50% Amphorae, 50% old oak for 6 months with grapes from the Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge. Cellar price at R250 per bottle. BACKGROUND Tesselaarsdal was founded in 2015 by long-standing Hamilton Russell Vineyards employee, Berene Sauls. This … Read more